Sunday, October 25, 2015

Day 4 Oct 23
 Have switched to a new app to track my walks: " Map my walk" if you want to follow me register @ "Map my Fitness" and friend me. You will be able to see where and how far I walked.
The app is free and pretty impressive. Some 40 years ago when I first really was trying to lose weight and thought it impossible Charlotte's uncle Dr Rudy Mcculloch told me when I sought his advice that he could promise me that I would lose all the weight I wanted to if I would promise to do one small thing. I of course responed that I would do anything and at that point he reached in his desk grabbed a small spiral note pad threw it across the desk and instructed me to write down everything that went into my mouth. I promised to do so and left. At That time I felt I wasn't responsible for my weight and that I didn't eat any more than anyone else. The first week was a real revelation as I found that I did indeed eat more than most and by the second week I was being more selective about what I ate as I didn't want to write yet another bag of potato chips. By the third week I was actually deciding not to eat certain things because I just didn't want to see it in the book. Some 9 to 12 months later  I had gone from 280# to 190# waist from 44-46 to 34-36. Right now I'm at 250# with a 41 inch waist. I expect to be in the 210 to 220 range when I start my pilgrimage. All of this to let you know that "Map My Fitness.com" also has a spot to log in your food consumption and subtracts what's eaten from your budget + exercise. Quite an App. Today I walked 4.3 miles @ 17.51 min/mile check it out on Map my fitness.com. I also stuck to my diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment