Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Day 2 of my pilgrimage

This morning about 10 AM I set out to walk arround a big loop going north 1.5 miles then west 1.5 miles and then closing the loop for a total of 6 miles. I want to thank Noel and Allison for their early morning call of encouragement and for my iphone 6+ which keeps track of the distance walked. For those of you who are familiar with my neighborhood. I went north on the Trail being extra careful of the heavy traffic (and it's not even "season") here in Florida yet. I turned west at Central Sarasota Parkway and walked to McIntosh where I turned south and walked the 2 miles back to the trail then north to home. All in All,  I was pleasantly surprised by the relative ease of this walk which should be about one forth of what I will need to do each day on the Camino. It is wonderful how one's mind clears as you settle in to the rhythm of the walk.
For a second day I did very well with the diet but I expect my body will soon protest.

No comments:

Post a Comment