Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Day 3 of My Camino took me from Zubiri to Pamplona. Along the way we happened upon "The Abbey" an old Church that a young man and his wife had purchased from the diocese after a three year negotiation. They had decided after walking the Camino that they wanted to settle along the Camino. When I asked if he planned to restore the building as a Church, he discretly answered "You need to understand that before the building was a church it was a fort."

Once again I have attached two videos depicting this part of the Camino
https://youtu.be/oPiQRyHwtfI?list=PL5R4jSSg01Xbb2TSO7SIG9z5CKvIa0Est
https://youtu.be/hSa8EM1Fh7s

That evening Rod and Lee joined their wives for dinner and a ride to their Albergue on the far side of Pamplona. Carol and I stayed in Pamplona at:
http://www.albergueplazacatedral.com/en/hostel/

After checking in we strolled the city and enjoyed a dinner of Tappas or were they pintxos?
at one of the oldest bars on the main square.

The following photos are my own:
The Abbey Door
Abbey interior
Abbey Sign



Leaving the Abbey


 Along the way Lee, Rod & I happened upon a fruit stand and the vendor. He recognized Lee's Vietnam Veteran's cap and a lively discussion followed. Rod and Lee are from Minnesota and met in college where they were on the wrestling team. It turns out that Rod and I would walk the entire Camino together. Lee had planned to spend just two weeks with Rod.

Fruit stand
Fruit Vendor & Lee


Rod, Lee, John and Vendor

I make Pamplona

No comments:

Post a Comment