Sunday, December 4, 2016

May 14, 2016 my 13th day on the Camino took me from Hotanas to Boadilla del Camino and the Albergue Titas. http://alberguetitas.com

This was a long journey over 25 Kms and up and down a mountain. Some 3 Kms from the Albergue, I attempted to sit by the roadside and just tumbled on to my back and pack like a turtle. I knew that I needed water but didn't know how badly until I had arrived at the Albergue and looking into the bathroom mirror saw that my body was bent like a bow. Try as I would I could not straighten up. After a rest, some water, and a beer I was feeling much better. That night at dinner I met a history Professor from Northwestern, Richard Kieckhefer, and we spoke at length about Chicago and learned that we both considered Father Dunkerly, of the Episcopal Church there, to be a Great Friend. My path would cross and recross the Professor's for the duration of the Camino. He was studying the Churches large and small along the path and divulged a great deal of information.

I have attached a video of this section of the Camino: https://youtu.be/UCG4DrHdS88

My photos follow:


















No comments:

Post a Comment